The Wise Service is one of Diakonia’s services, cooperating with “Joy and Tender Service”, which belongs to the diocese of the Coptic Catholic Patriarchate, The service was established in April 2005, formed with a group of people who serve the elders for both genders.
MORE ABOUT THE SERVICE
The Group Goals:
- To spread the spirit of joy among the members, and draw the smile from the heart on their faces.
- To form some true friendships between the members, using the feeling of “One Family Spirit”
- To work on alleviating and removing the sense of isolation and insecurity felt by the elderly at this stage.
- To develop the feeling of self-worthy within the elders, and to enrich their optimistic outlook for life, also to continuously emphasis the importance of their role in life.
- To discover and develop the talents of the members and employ them in simple services according to their abilities.
- To provide support in the ( spiritual , psychological & physical ) fields by offering various services according to their needs, for example ( accompanying the elders to the doctors or to hospitals , to cash their pensions , and to purchase food or other needed stuff)
Diakonia Office presents the Wise Service in cooperation with Joy and Tender Service, by providing materialistic and moral support in all the activities as required.